Travel and Tourism (BTEC National Level 3) at Kingswood Secondary Academy
You should choose this subject if you are interested in a career
in the travel and tourism industry, e.g. as a:
– Travel Agent.
– Tour Guide.
– Resort Representative.
– Member of the Air Cabin Crew.
In Year 12 you will study 3 Modules:
– Investigating The Travel and Tourism Sector.
– The Business of Travel and Tourism.
– The UK as a Destination.
If you continue into Year 13 you will study and further
– Customer Service in Travel and Tourism.
– Preparing for Employment in Travel and Tourism.
– Long haul Travel Destinations.
Year 1: Certificate
(Equivalent to AS)
Year 2: Subsidiary Diploma
(Equivalent to A2)
There are no exams on this course – all assessments are
coursework based written tasks, presentations, display boards,
Completion of this course can lead to a university place
studying a travel and tourism based degree. It also provides
you with the skills and knowledge all employers will be
looking for within a career in travel and tourism.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Kingswood Secondary Academy directly.
Last updated date: 09 July 2015