ICT Cambridge Technical Level 3 at Campsmount Academy
IT is at the heart of everyday life, at home, work and in our leisure time from graphics and control systems to communications and problem solving. IT has an ever-increasing role to play.
This course offers a wide range of units including hardware, software and online. All units include a range of practical activities, which lead to helping you develop transferable skills for the workplace or future studies.
During the two-year course you will study the following units:
1. Communication and Employability Skills for IT – this unit will prepare you to effectively use various communication channels, within a working environment and to understand what an employer expects of an individual and how to communicate effectively whilst developing your own personal development needs.
2. Information Systems – this unit will provide you a greater understanding of how organisations use information internally and externally and the types of information they will encounter. You will develop your own knowledge of the functionality of information and produce management information systems.
3. Computer Systems – this unit will give you the opportunity to install hardware and software components, configure a system to meet the needs of a user and to test the system. You will complete the unit with a fully working knowledge and skill set to be able to recommend, set up and maintain computer systems for business use.
4. Computer Game Platforms and Technologies – this unit will give you the skills required to assemble and connect combinations of computer hardware and software into playable systems.
5. Digital Graphics - during this unit you will study the hardware and software that is available for working on graphic images and the file formats that exist. You will create, manipulate and modify images in accordance with clients’ requirements.
6. E-Commerce – this unit will provide you with the understanding of technologies required for an e-commerce system. You will learn the impact of e-commerce on an organisation and how this affects e-commerce in society.
All units allow you to learn in a way that’s practical and work-related. Each unit is assessed via a portfolio of evidence. There are no written exams. Successful students will possess a good level of English and be able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Campsmount Academy directly.