A Level Art and Design at Holmer Green Senior School
This specification is designed to encourage candidates to:
- Explore a range of 2 or 3 dimensional approaches to their studies
- Extend their own ways of seeing the world.
- Record observations, ideas, information and insights appropriate to intentions.
- Use art and design techniques to record observations, ideas, information and insights appropriate to intentions.
- Analyse and artistically evaluate art and design practice demonstrating an understanding of purpose, meaning and context.
- Use art and design to develop ideas through sustained investigations and exploration, selecting and using materials, processes and resources, identifying and interpreting relationships and analysing methods and outcomes.
- Present a personal and informed response, realising intentions and showing connections with the work of others.
Students embarking on this course are expected to have a good grade in a GCSE ‘Art’ subject.
Unit 1: Coursework Project (60% of AS Level).
Unit 2: Externally set project including an 8 hour exam (40% of AS)
Unit 3: Coursework project including written personal study (60% of A2)
Unit 4: Externally set project including 12 hour exam (40% of full A2).
Foundation year or direct entry to degree course. Potential careers include: any design or creative profession, including architecture, fashion design, T.V. and Media, set design, studio designer, photographer.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Holmer Green Senior School directly.