Accessibility links

Design and Technology: Graphic Products at Willenhall E-ACT Academy

Course description

Studying Graphic Products at GCSE allows pupils to use a wide variety of materials and techniques. The course is delivered through a major coursework project, worth 60% of the final mark, lasting for around 16 months of the course, and a range of mini projects and tasks designed to build students subject knowledge in preparation for their exam. The exam is taken at the end of Year 11 and represents the remaining 40% of the marks. Students are offered a variety of projects for their coursework, all of which allow them the opportunity to explore a wide range of materials and techniques in order to design and produce a range of promotional items to support their product. These items can include packaging, point of sale displays, promotional t-shirts. Key rings etc. Pupils will use a range of materials and media, including paper, plastic and card and will be encouraged to explore and use a variety of Computer Aided Design and Computer Aided Manufacturing techniques. We have recently had a second suite of computers installed in the department to allow Graphic Product pupils unprecedented access to CAD/CAM and they will have the opportunity to use both the Laser cutter, and our new 3D printer in order to realise their final models. These facilities will allow pupils the potential to produce a large number of high quality designs and models giving them the potential to achieve good grades in the subject.

Entry requirements

By Negotiation

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Willenhall E-ACT Academy directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

Venues