Entry to Uniformed Services Course at Rathbone Training
This fully accredited course will equip you with the skills and qualities you need for a career in, not only the Armed Forces, but also within the civilian Public Services.
You’ll improve your discipline, confidence, leadership and physical fitness abilities through a range of challenges and activities delivered by both ex-military personnel and serving Regular servicemen and women.
During this course you will receive one-to-one support from your tutor to help you gain the skills and knowledge necessary to enter the uniformed services industry, and we will also help you to decide what career you are most suited to for the future.
Alongside the uniformed services qualification that you will study in our centre, you will gain work experience through our network of local employers, so that when you complete the course your CV is in the best shape possible and you’re ready to take the first step into your career.
- There are no formal academic requirements for this course.
- You will have an interview to make sure the course is right for you and to discuss the physical and academic requirements you will need for your career.
- You’ll also need to show a keen interest in working in this sector.
- You will need to complete a qualification for your knowledge of the uniformed services sector alongside functional skills in maths & English.
- In addition, you will also be assessed in your work experience placement to ensure you have the skills necessary to work in that environment.
- If you join this course you may be entitled to bursary payments to cover travel and lunch costs.
- We’ll also provide any protective clothing or specialist equipment that you might need. And you’ll get an NUS card!
- You’ll be able to move onto an apprenticeship, look for employment in a junior role or move onto higher education.
- Regardless of what you decide, we will help you every step of the way!
All of our courses run all year round, but do fill up very quickly, so apply now to secure your place!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Rathbone Training directly.