Fish Husbandry - Level 2 Diploma at Easton & Otley College
This one year course is aimed at school leavers and new entrants into the Fish Husbandry industry.
The course is designed to introduced students into the fisheries industry and produce students who have a good knowledge of fish husbandry techniques.
This is an ideal course for people who want an insight into the industry before deciding on a career path.
There are six units of study including:
- Undertake Work Related Experience in the Land-based Industries
- Environmental and Land-based Business
- Introduction to Fish Biology
- Introduction to Fish Health
- Machinery Operation
- Undertake Freshwater Sport Fishery Management
- Participate in Providing Estate Maintenance
The course involves a large degree of practical work and some classroom theory. Practicals will take place both onsite in the fisheries unit and offsite at a range of fisheries around East Anglia.
- 4 GCSEs at Grades D-G or NVQ Level 1 plus 2 GCSEs Grade D-G
- or Level 1 qualification To Pass Plus including 3 Functional Skills at Entry Level 3 or above.
Candidates are expected to demonstrate a strong interest in fishery subjects and a commitment to coursework.
Assessment is by means of written assignments and projects as well as practical observation.
- Level 3 Extended Diploma
- Advanced Apprenticeship
- Employment with a range of jobs in the fish farming and aquatics industries, as well as commercial sport fisheries.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Easton & Otley College directly.