English Literature A-Level at Churchill Academy and Sixth Form
English Literature A Level offers students the opportunity to develop their literary analysis skills by engaging creatively and critically with a diverse range of novels, plays and poems from both the past and the present. More of what students are used to – but on a bigger scale – e.g. we compare two poets rather than just two poems! Discover the great plays, novels and poems through the ages, including Shakespeare’s Hamlet, Bronte’s Jane Eyre and John Keats’ work. It’s an opportunity to explore lifes great themes: love, death, revenge, nature, betrayal, power and being young!
- Component 1: Pre 1900 prose fiction and Post 1900 prose fiction
- Component 2: Poetry and Drama
- Component 1: Pre 1900 poetry and Post 1900 poetry
- Component 2: One Shakespeare play & a pair of plays; one pre-1900, one post- 1900
- Component 3: Unseen prose and unseen poetry
- Component 4: Prose study coursework
5 A* - C at GCSE
C grade in GCSE English
(B grade in GCSE English desirable)
English language students often go on to careers in:
- Advertising & Marketing
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Churchill Academy and Sixth Form directly.