Product Design at Bridlington School Sports College
The EDEXCEL Product Design GCE offers two pathways - Resistant Materials Technology and Graphic Products, each with its own specific content. This allows students to choose their preferred area of study at the beginning of the course depending upon their previous GCSE background.
The structure of the specification allows students to develop a range of skills and outcomes at Advanced Subsidiary (AS), demonstrating their creativity, and apply these to a design and make project at Advanced level (A2). The specification seeks to develop students’ knowledge and understanding of, and skills and application in, designing products.
You will develop your skills and knowledge through a variety of practical situations ranging from:
* Analytical studies of existing products and designers
* Research and design exercises
* Modelling using card, paper, plastics, wood and many other materials to produce a 3D artefact representation of your ideas
* Role modelling manufacturing systems
* Major projects, where you are required to carry out part of the design process to work to key research, design, manufacturing or evaluation objectives
5 A* - C grades (including English and Maths)
Plus a grade B or higher in GCSE Design & Technology (Resistant Materials, Graphic Products or Electronics). In rare cases students will be considered with a lower D&T grade or equivalent grade from a similar course, but this will be at the discretion of the Head of 6th Form and the Head of Design & Technology.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bridlington School Sports College directly.