Economics A Level at Ormiston Rivers Academy
The Economics course gives a strong grounding in both microeconomics and macroeconomics, through a three-component externally assessed qualification.
The units comprise of Microeconomics and Macroeconomics and covers the following aspects:
- Microeconomic theory.
- How competitive markets work and theoretical working of the free market.
- Market failures and government intervention.
- Macroeconomy functions on a domestic and global level.
- Policy approaches.
- Macroeconomic equilibrium and changes in macroeconomics over time.
Grade 5 in English and Mathematics.
1. Microeconomics (33%): 2 hour written paper worth 80 marks. Combination of short answer and long essay style questions.
2. Macroeconomics (33%): 2 hour written paper worth 80 marks.
3. Themes in Economics (33%): The assessment of this component is fully synoptic in nature and will draw on both the microeconomic and macroeconomic components.
Financial services, Banking, Local & National Government, Logistics Analyst, Stockbroker, Teacher.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ormiston Rivers Academy directly.