Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities Advanced Apprenticeship at Hull College Group
Sound Engineers work closely with audio technology, developing a working knowledge of the equipment and making sure everything runs smoothly.
An Intermediate Apprenticeship in this sector will provide you with the skills you need to become an assistant sound engineer, supporting qualified technical staff in the maintenance and installation of equipment.
As an Advanced apprentice your responsibilities will increase and you will be in charge of the sound technology. You could even be the one editing and manipulating the material to perfect sound quality.
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship (Level 2)
- Studio Assistant/Sound Assistant
- Assistant Recording Engineer
Advanced Level Apprenticeship (Level 3)
- Technical Engineer/Sound Technician
- Mastering Engineer
- Recording Engineer
- Live Sound Engineer
- Broadcast Sound Engineer
As a Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities apprentice you will cover a range of work which may include:
• Music Production Techniques
• Music software such as Pro Tools and Cubase
• Recording and mixing techniques
• Sound Creation and Manipulation
• Live Sound Techniques
As part of your Level 2 Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities Apprenticeship you will study:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities
- Level 2 Diploma in Sound and Music Technology
- Functional Skills - Level 1 Maths, English and ICT
As part of your Level 3 Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities Apprenticeship you will study:
- Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Music Technology and Sound Engineering
- Functional Skills - Level 2 English and Maths
Applicants may have prior experience or qualifications in the Music production industry, supported by evidence, but this is not mandatory as training providers and employers will use interview and initial assessment to ensure that applicants have a fair opportunity to demonstrate their ability.
After successful completion of the Sound Recording, Engineering and Studio Facilities Apprenticeship, you could go on to study a Higher Level Apprenticeship or progress onto a variety of higher level qualifications e.g. Foundation Degree and Degree level awards.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hull College Group directly.