Site Carpentry Pre-Apprenticeship at The Growth Company (formerly The Skills Company)
The site carpentry diploma allows you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in site carpentry.
You will receive comprehensive training in a variety of skills such as manufacturing joinery and site carpentry.
The work is varied and you could work for a joinery company, site carpentry firm or a small building company.
Where: The course is based in Trafford Park and you will achieve a level 1 diploma in site carpentry
Start date: August (3 days per week)
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Carry out first fix flooring and roofing
- Carry out first fix frames, partitions and stairs
- Carry out second fixing operations
- Carry out carpentry maintenance
- Set up and operate a circular saw
Eligibility: Complete initial assessment and interview.
You will receive an allowance of up to £10 per week. There may be additional bursaries that you can apply for.
You could progres on to a level 2 or 3 apprenticeship.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.