Painting and Decorating City & Guilds Diploma Level 1 at Southampton City College
This course will prepare you to work safely and with confidence in construction with a focus on painting and decorating. You will develop the basic rudimentary skills, knowledge and hand skills required to become a good painter or decorator.
- Principles of building construction, information and communication
- Erecting and dismantling access equipment and working platforms
- Preparing surfaces for decoration
- Applying paint systems by brush and roller to non-complex areas
- Applying foundation and plain papers
- Producing specialist decorative finishes
- Health, safety and welfare in construction
- GCSEs grade D or below (including English and maths) or
- Level 1 in English and maths
- Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating
- Apprenticeship in Painting and Decorating
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.