Heating and Ventilation Apprenticeship Advanced Level 3 at Southampton City College
This apprenticeship is suitable for you if you want to start a career or develop your existing skills in Heating and Ventilation. As a Heating and ventilation apprentice you could work as a fitter installing and repairing heating and ventilating systems or a welder using specialist skills to join pipe work systems or installing the ductwork that ventilates buildings. Work could range from fitting air conditioning units in a department store, to installing large industrial boilers in a manufacturing plant.
Suitable job roles
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer
- Heating and Ventilation Maintenance Engineer
- Heating and Ventilation Fitter
- Heating Service and Maintenance Engineer Ventilation Services Engineer
Main duties will include:
- Following detailed installation plans showing where to fit pipe work
- Using tools and machinery to bend and shape parts
- Testing installations before they go into use
- Answering call-outs to find and repair faults
- Regular servicing and maintenance checks for customers
A full assessment will take place to ensure you have the skills to complete the qualification. As this is an advanced apprenticeship, all applicants will require GCSEs at grade A*-C in English and maths (or equivalent), or can demonstrate through the assessment process that they will be able to achieve this. By completing a workplace audit the Apprenticeship Coordinator will be able to establish whether you are covering the right level of tasks in the workplace to support the criteria necessary for the on-site evidence.
As an apprentice you can expect to undertake work based learning with an employer and to be paid a wage. The apprenticeship will include an NVQ diploma, functional skills and knowledge based element or technical certificate.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Southampton City College directly.