Beauty Therapy Level 2 Diploma at Herefordshire & Ludlow College
Training is undertaken in a practical working environment in our superb training/commercial salons and clinic.
Students gain the experience of being in a professional industry environment as well as working with genuine customers.
There is an option to study additional certificates to the Level 2 qualification in Minx Nails (at an additional cost) and also be involved in the College’s Hair & Beauty Show.
You will cover a diverse range of topics throughout your course. A selection of unit titles is shown below:
- Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
- Improve and maintain facial condition
- Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
- Remove hair using wax techniques
- Provide manicure treatment
- Provide pedicure treatment
- Provide make-up treatment
- GCSE passes at grade D or above in English, maths and science subject
- Successful interview and initial assessment
- Attend the skills test/taster day
- You will need to demonstrate an enthusiasm for this subject area
- You will be assessed on a continuous basis within a realistic working environment.
- You will also be required to produce a portfolio of evidence to be certified by your assessors.
- Theoretical aspects of the programme will mainly be assessed through assignments and internal and external test papers.
Study options may include:
- Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy or Massage Therapy
Employment options may include:
- Junior Beauty Specialist within a salon or spa
- Beauty Consultant
- Self-employed Beauty Specialist
Maths and English
All students following a full-time programme of study at HLC will study English and maths as part of their studies.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Herefordshire & Ludlow College directly.