Chemistry A Level at Strood Academy
- essential knowledge and understanding of different areas of the subject and how they relate to each other
- a deep appreciation of the skills, knowledge and understanding of scientific methods
- competence and confidence in a variety of practical, mathematical and problem solving skills
- thier interest in and enthusiasm for the subject, including developing an interest in further study and careers associated with the subject.
- an understanding of how society makes decitions about scientific issues and how the sciences contribute to the success of the economy and society.
Paper 1 Advanced Inorganic and Physical Chemistry
Paper 2 Advanced Organic and Physical Chemistry
Paper 3 General and Practical Principles in Chemistry
Science Practical Endorsement
GCSE Chemistry or GCSE Core Science & GCSE Additional Science = Grade A or above
with GCSE Maths = Grade B or above
- Analytical chemist
- Chemical Engineer
- Healthcare scientist. clinical biochemistry
- Forensic scientist
- Research scientist (physical sciences)
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Strood Academy directly.