Land Based Studies Level 1 Diploma at Berkshire College of Agriculture
Horticulture & Countryside have excellent resources which include:
- Fantastic grounds and wider estate
- Knowledgeable staff with practical industry experience
- Links to various locations and businesses to provide project opportunities
- Good industry links to aid successful employment
- Fully operational Retail Glasshouse
- Extensive landscaped grounds created and maintained by students
- Use of industry standard machinery and equipment
Many of our courses also offer NPTC Certificates of Competency in aspects such as Basic Chainsaw operation, Crosscutting, Brushcutter, Knapsack Sprayer and more.
This course provides a sound knowledge and skills base which will allow progression to further learning or qualifications.
Your course is practical in nature and you will be out and about in the grounds learning all of the basic practical skills needed to further your opportunities to go into work or progress on to a higher level.
F – G profile at GCSE level OR relevant initial assessment results.
Progress onto the Level 2 Diploma depending on assessment and references.
All full-time students, aged between 16-18, will study GCSE or Functional Skills in Maths and English, if they don’t already hold an A*- C level GCSE in the subject. This is an integral part of their vocational study programme at BCA. Students over 19 are also encouraged to refresh and accredit their skills alongside vocational study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Berkshire College of Agriculture directly.