Plumbing Level 3 at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai
Would you like a career in plumbing?
This programme introduces you to the fundamental techniques of plumbing, preparing you to start working in this trade. You will then progress onto more advanced topics, and in addition, you will gain a basic understanding of electrical work.
The programme is suitable for a variety of people looking to work in plumbing. This includes students progressing from Plumbing Level 2 as well as adults with a suitable level of experience. The programme acts as a pathway to apprenticeships or full work experience. You will gain the practical knowledge you need to proceed into the industry.
You will study a variety of subject-specific modules, in addition to Literacy and Numeracy skills.
The programme is delivered through a blend of the following:
- Practical sessions with excellent workshop facilities
- Training in a realistic work environment (RWE)
- Theory lessons in well-equipped classrooms
- Plumbing Level 2, or equivalent
- You will usually have GCSE Maths, English and Science at grade C
- Commitment and a desire to learn
- An interview is required and you will be asked to declare any unspent criminal convictions
- An industry-approved aptitude test will form part of the interview process.
All places are subject to satisfactory interview.
The programme is assessed through a blend of the following:
- Ongoing assessment of your practical work
- Online Multi-choice theory exam
The programme gives you a qualification and a valuable set of skills, helping you to progress into employment and higher education.
In the industry, the programme will give you the skills and qualification to progress into self-employment or employment with a firm or contractor.
You could proceed onto a number of higher education programmes at Grŵp Llandrillo Menai, including:
- Foundation Degree (FdSc) Construction (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- HNC Building Studies (available at Bangor)
- HNC Construction (available at Rhos-on-Sea)
- Carpenter & Joiner
- Civil & Structural Engineer
- Environmental Consultant
- Gas Installation & Maintenance Engineer
- Painter & Decorator
- Town & Country Planner
Programme code: 0502F03B
Depending on the campus, students may be able to access elements of the programme in both English and Welsh through some programme learning materials being made available bilingually. Details will be provided to you at interview.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grŵp Llandrillo Menai directly.