Plumbing Studies Diploma - C and G - Level 1 at Crawley College
You’ll get to know the structure of the construction industry and how to work safely. Through engaging practical activities, you’ll learn about different types of pipework and how to prepare a construction site for plumbing work.
You will study the following mandatory units as part of the overall Diploma.
- Structure of the construction industry
- Fundamental safe working practices
- Above ground drainage
- Environmental and sustainability measures in domestic dwellings
- Plumbing Science
- Site preparation for working in the construction industry
- Plastic pressure pipework
- Low carbon steel pipework
- Installation, repair and maintenance of plumbing systems
- Copper pipework
Every learner at Central Sussex College who is under 19 will undertake a personal Study Programme designed to develop them academically, practically and personally. Study Programmes contain 3 essential elements:
- Subject Course – Vocational or chosen Academic subject, usually studied for 12 – 16 hours a week.
- English and Maths – Every learner will work towards Level 2 English and Maths (C grade equivalent). Learners who have achieved a Grade C will extend their English and Maths.
- 3E – Our own brand of specific entrepreneurship, enterprise and employability training.
You will have specific time in your timetable for each of the three elements above and you will be expected to attend all elements throughout the year. Study programmes are designed to help you meet your maximum potential and progress to the next level of study of into work.
You will need a minimum of four GCSEs at grade E and F, including English and Maths.
16-18 year olds will not have to pay tuition fees, awarding body registration or exam fees. However they are required to pay for other third party costs, such as books, equipment and educational trips/visits.
Students aged over 19 on the start date of their studies, have to pay tuition fees. In addition they are expected to pay awarding body registration and exam fees, other third party costs, such as books, equipment and educational trips/visits.
Some students may be eligible for a fee concession, although in most cases some element of the fees will have to be paid.
Please note: Other costs (books, uniforms, trips, materials etc) will be £250.00. You may be entitled to a reduction if you are eligible for financial support. For more information on this and other financial support options please contact Admissions on 01293 442201/205/206 or 453474 (Haywards Heath 01444 446848) or visit the website Why Choose Us section for more information.
Upon successful completion you will be able to progress onto the Diploma Level 2 in Plumbing or onto a Level 2 Apprenticeship in Plumbing where you will earn while you learn.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.