Management Level 3 Apprenticeship at Reading College
The Management Advanced Apprenticeship is ideal for first line managers with a range of responsibilities such as allocating work, achieving
results, decision making, and managing financial and physical resources.
This training develops management performance and effectiveness ready for career progression.
You gain a nationally-recognised qualification while furthering your skills and experience within the management sector. This apprenticeship will give you the confidence and ability to become a more effective manager and to progress within your career.
On this apprenticeship you cover:
- ILM NVQ Level 3 Certificate in Management
- Level 3 Certificate in First Line Management
- Functional Skills Level 2 Maths, English and ICT
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Thinking and Learning Skills
The modules that you study as part of your NVQ in Management include:
- manage own professional development within an organization
- set objectives and provide support for team members
- plan, allocate and monitor work of the team
- solving problems and making decisions
- achieving objectives through time management
- planning change in the workplace
- understanding change in the workplace
Learning activities include workshops and practical sessions. Much of your learning is gained through practical experience in your workplace.
There are no formal entry requirements for this apprenticeship. Upon applying you will be invited in for an interview and initial assessment to determine your level of learning and what optional modules you might like to take as part of your programme.
NVQs are assessed using evidence from the workplace. This could include observation, professional discussion, questioning, witness testimony,
physical products of work (such as plans, reports, correspondence etc).
Formal assessment is through assignments, projects, presentations and practical assessments, which are set at regular intervals throughout the course. English, maths and ICT are assessed by an exam.
On successful completion of the course you can progress to higher levels in management NVQs if you acquire more responsibilities at work.
Alternatively, taught academic management courses are available within college or you may wish to use the apprenticeship as a stepping stone to further education at university.
To get the most from this course you need to be able to work independently and take responsibility for your own learning.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Reading College directly.