Music Technology - Triple Vocational A Level (BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma) at Bolton Sixth Form College
This course is specifically designed for students who wish to progress into further education or a career in the Music and production industry. This is a vocational course which will provide plenty of professional ‘hands on’ teaching and experience. You will be taught by experienced teachers professionals in our state of the art industry standard recording studios and rehearsal rooms. Want to be a DJ or make your own music? This course caters for many career paths as you will cover a range of units catered for your needs to succeed in the world of Music Technology.
Features of the course:
- Equivalent to three A Levels
- You will be taught by industry professionals
- Have opportunities to visit music concerts and Expo’s
- Use our industry standard recording studios and rehearsal rooms
- Collaborate with musicians and singers
The units you will study may include:
- Live sound - learn about live sound engineering
- Music and sound for media - explore music forgames, films and apps
- Music production techniques - recording, sound mixing and audio processing
- The sound and music industry - how the record industry works
- Sound creation and manipulation - synthesisers, sound design and sampling
Students will be expected to have five GCSEs at grade 9-4, or a Merit in a relevant vocational Level 2 Diploma (or equivalent). In addition, students will need a grade 4 in GCSE English Language and a minimum grade 3 in Mathematics. GCSE Music or BTEC Level 2 Music Technology, a proficiency (Grade 3 level or equivalent) on a musical instrument and the ability to read music will be an advantage.
No course fees are applicable for 16-18 year old learners who meet funding regulations.
Studying Music Technology can lead to careers within music production, studio recording, professional DJ work, live sound engineering, TV and Film sound and sound design. You can also progress onto University.
Please visit the College website www.bolton-sfc.ac.uk or email email@example.com for further course information.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.