Animal Care apprenticeship Level 2 at Bath College
This course will offer you an exciting range of modules and the opportunity to specialise in animal nursing, care of exotics or conservation and improvement of British habitats. You will learn about a range of animals and their care, and receive more advanced training in grooming and medication through practical sessions at our own Animal Care Study Centre. You will gain further work experience through your chosen voluntary work placements which will run alongside your course. The course will equip you with a deeper understanding and broaden your practical skill competence for entry into the animal industry.
You will learn to:
- Control and restrain animals
- Deliver basic treatments
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Maintain and develop personal performance
- Maintain accommodation
- Move animals
- Promote and maintain health and well-being
- Prepare accommodation and reduce risks to health and safety
- Four full GCSEs at grade D or above including maths and English language, or a level 1 diploma
- Previous work experience in working with animals
- You will also need to attend a formal interview and pass an initial assessment in literacy and numeracy to a minimum of level 1.
On your first day, please report to the Reception in Wellow Building.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.