Photography BTEC Level 3 Subsidiary Diploma at NewVIc
Our photography course will equip you with the practical skills and theoretical understanding of digital photography, whilst developing your creativity through the completion of a variety of exciting projects. You will learn how to use industry-standard equipment and software to create your images and develop the skills required to exhibit your work to a professional standard.
The course will focus on:
- developing theoretical and practical Digital Photography skills
- image editing using Adobe Photoshop
- page layout and design in presenting work
On the course you will:
- design and produce various Photography outcomes covering a range of styles including studio, street, location, Fashion and Macro Photography
- learn how to use Photoshop for image editing including correcting colour and exposure
- develop good knowledge of historical and contemporary Photography practice
- develop your creative, design and presentation skills
Five or more A*-C grades at GCSE, including English Language (grade 9-5).
You will be assessed by practical work and a collection of evidence from your portfolio.
This subject combines well with other Art, Design and Media-based subjects. It is an ideal programme if you plan to study Photography, Art, Graphics, Design or Media courses at university. You may also wish to continue with further study in a different subject area or move straight into employment.
The one-year Certificate is equivalent to an AS-level. The two-year Subsidiary Diploma is equivalent to an A-level.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact NewVIc directly.