Barbering Advanced Diploma Level 3 at Bournville College
This course is aimed at people who would like to pursue a career within this emerging, fast paced industry.
Barbering Advanced Diploma Level 3 is taught at our campus in Longbridge, Birmingham.
A variety of units which include cut men’s hair, colour and lighten hair and scalp massage.
English and maths
In order for you to compete in today’s labour market, it is vital that you achieve a good level of English and maths. You will continue to develop your English and maths skills alongside your main qualification. If you have not achieved a Grade C in English and maths you will study these through resits or taking Functional Skills/GCSE appropriate to you.
So why do you need maths and English to become a successful Barber!
- High quality speaking and listening to communicate effectively with clients and employers
- Good written skills for preparing your CV
- Speaking and written skills to provide outstanding customer service
- Ratios to mix tints and other products
- Addition and subtraction to calculate profit and loss forecasts and manage stock and budget requirements effectively
- Calculate working and travelling costs to ensure profit
Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing or Women’s Hairdressing. Grade D or above in maths and English.
Your skills will be assessed through practical observation, with under pinning knowledge assessed through assignment/exams. Your practical observations will be graded.
Upon successful completion of this course you will be able to progress into employment or level 4/5 at University.
If you are interested in studying this course please contact the Advice Zone on 0121 477 1300
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.