BTEC Extended Diploma in Sport Level 3 at Bethnal Green Academy
- Unit 1: Principles of Anatomy and Physiology
- Unit 2: The Physiology of Fitness
- Unit 3: Assessing Risk in Sport
- Unit 4: Fitness Training and programming
- Unit 5: Sports Coaching
- Unit 6: Sports Development
- Unit 7: Fitness testing or Sport and Exercise
- Unit 8: Practical Team Sports or Unit 9 Practical Individual Sports
An additional 11 units will be studied. These will be selected to suit the students taking this subject, eg. Sports Nutrition, Sports Injuries, Organising Sports Events, Work Experience in Sport, Sport leadership and Current Issues in Sport.
Students need to keep abreast of current events and issues in the sporting world. In addition, students need to make sure that they remain physically active and involved in their main sport. It is strongly advised that the students are playing either a team or individual sport on a weekly basis and have some scientific understanding.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bethnal Green Academy directly.