EPQ at Beaconsfield High School
The Extended Project Qualification is an opportunity for you to research a topic that interests you and to create a dissertation, field study / investigation, artefact or performance.
You’ll work independently to plan, manage, complete and review a single piece of work, which will enable you to:
- Have significant input into the design of your project and take responsibility for tasks;
- Develop as a critical, reflective and independent learner;
- Develop and apply decision making and problem solving skills;
- Extend your planning, research, critical thinking, analysis, synthesis, evaluation and presentation skills;
- Develop as an e-confident learner and apply relevant technologies to your studies;
- Creatively demonstrate initiative and enterprise;
- Use your learning experiences to support your personal aspirations for future education and/or career development.
- It is equivalent to half an A-level, run by AQA and can earn UCAS points.
- It is graded from A* to E.
- You can do your Project based on a subject you’re already studying or a subject you would like to study at University or follow as a career.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Beaconsfield High School directly.