Accessibility links

Art - Fine Art A-Level at Tavistock Community College

Course description

The first year of this course is an AS level qualification and consists of 2 units of study. The student may continue to study for a second year in order to gain an A2 qualification. This is a highly creative course in which drawing, painting, sculpture, printing and photography are used to produce artistic responses to a number of projects. 60% of the overall mark is on-going coursework, which involves practical work leading to final outcomes. Students need to explore a variety of artistic techniques and show the dedication needed to explore their own ideas. The remaining 40% is exam, which again is a practical task in which students respond to a set question or starting point.

Entry requirements

5 A* - C grades including a B grade in the chosen or an appropriate alternative subject.

Assessment

60% coursework and 40% practical exam (no written paper), this will include on-going artistic sketch books as well as final products in a range of mediums.

Future opportunities

Creative subjects play an important part in the modern workplace as employers recognise the advantages of creative thinkers. As well as degree options, there are many options for jobs in such areas as education and the media.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Tavistock Community College directly.

Last updated date: 11 June 2015

Key information

Venues