Science GCSE at Grange Technology College
This AQA GCSE Science Course is aimed at Year 10 top sets and it also targets top sets in year 9 who will end up doing triple science by the end of their year 11.
For further information contact Miss A Dubickas, Director of Area
You will learn about the following topics in the units:Biology
- B1a Human Biology -Cells, Tissues, Organs and Systems, Food and Energy, Human Reproduction, Keeping Healthy
- B1b Evolution and Environment-Adaptation, Evolution and Extinction, Reproduction and genes, Our Environment.
- C1a Products from Rocks -Atoms and Elements, Useful Metals, Limestone, Fuels
- C1b Oils, Earth and Atmosphere- Important Chemicals made from Crude Oil, Oils from Plants, The Earth, The Environment.
- P1a Energy and Electricity- Heat and Heat flow (Conduction, Radiation, Evaporation and Convection), Energy and Energy Changes, Saving Energy, Electrical Energy
- P1b Radiation and the Universe- Fossil Fuels, Renewable Energy Resources, Earth and beyond, Radiation and Radio activity
Teacher assessment levels of at least 6+ at KS3 Science.
An ambition and motivation to achieve grades A* to B at the end of Year 10. This will lead to you studying SGCSE Additional Science in Year 11 where you will have the desire to achieve grades A* to B and fulfil your ambition to study Science at A-Levels.
AQA GCSE Core Science is a modular course and the exams are based on the topics you study in Biology, Chemistry and Physics. It is a multiple choice test (objective test) on each of the six units. Each of the sciences (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics) is worth 25% of the marks.
There is an opportunity to do internally assessed coursework also worth 25% of the total marks. There are lots of opportunities to develop your practical skills with particular regard to health and safety.For further information contact - Muhammad Z Mahmood, Key Stage 4, Science Co-ordinator
You will need to be successful in achieving those vital A* - B grades in Year 10 AQA GCSE Core Science and Year 11 GCSE AQA Additional Science before you can study AS-Level and A2-Level Science at Grange Technology College.GCSE Science is important and is a requirement for many other Science related careers e.g. Nursing, Dietician, Optician, Pharmacist, Environmental Scientist, Forensic Scientist and many others. If you're thinking about getting a job, many employers also ask for a minimum of Grade C in Science as a requirement. Science is useful in all areas. Work Hard and the results will follow!
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.