NVQ Hospitality Services Diploma Level 2 (QCF) at York College
This qualification will provide the knowledge and practical skills to work front of house. The qualification covers a range of essential skills that will enable the student to gain confidence in delivering a high level of service to all customers in a range of environments.
- Customer Service in Hospitality
- Food Safety in Catering
- Health and Safety in Catering and Hospitality
- Team Working in Hospitality
Plus a range of optional units covering:
- Food and Beverage Service Skills
- Providing Reception Service Skills
- Food Preparation and Cooking Skills
- Providing Housekeeping Services Skills
- Handling Payments and Maintaining Payment Points
3 GCSEs at grade C or above including English and Maths (grade 4), or Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths and English. Alternatively, Level 1 Certificate/Diploma in Hospitality Service or Entry Level Certificate Introduction to Hospitality, or GCSE in Catering or Food Technology at grade C or above. All Applicants need to be successful at interview.
Competence based assessment through a portfolio of evidence and underpinning knowledge questions.
Students could progress onto Level 3 courses including Professional Cookery or Food and Beverage Service. Potential job occupations include Catering/Restaurant member, Bar Tender, Receptionist and Housekeeper.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact York College directly.