Accessibility links

Physics at King James's School

Course description

AQA’s Physics A specification retains a popular, traditional approach to Physics. It covers both modern and classical Physics in a clear and lively manner. Theoretical aspects make up 80% of the course, with the remaining 20% devoted to developing experimental skills.

Course Content

Unit 1: Particles, quantum phenomena and electricity

Starting with modern particle physics and quantum mechanics really captures the imagination in these times of the Large Hadron Collider.

Unit 2: Mechanics, materials and waves

Getting back to where the science of Physics really began, the work of Isaac Newton is covered. It enabled us to put a man on the Moon and could even improve your golfing handicap!

Unit 3: Investigative and practical skills

Working in the laboratory to make ‘better’ measurements to prove, or even disprove, the pillars holding up our scientific world.

Entry requirements

5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent qualification)

It would be an advantage to have grade B at both GCSE Physics and Maths.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact King James's School directly.

Last updated date: 20 May 2014
Provider logo

Key information

  • Start date: Next September
  • Duration: 1-2 Years