Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma at Banbury and Bicester College
Have you recently completed your Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery? Maybe you have prior experience in the industry and are looking for a qualification? Whether you have experience in the construction industry or simply want to develop your existing skills, our Site Carpentry Level 2 Diploma offers the essential skills you need to take your training to the next level.
The main areas covered are:
• health, safety and welfare in construction
• principles of building construction, information and communication
• first fix flooring and roofing
• first fix frames, partitions and stairs
• second fixing operations
• carpentry maintenance
• setting up and operating a circular saw
For those students who are not exempt there is a requirement to complete Functional Skills qualifications alongside mainstream study.
This is a practical and theoretically based course using a variety of teaching methods including demonstrations, lectures and presentations. You will work on your own, in pairs and small groups practicing skills and techniques within a realistic working environment.
Site carpentry practical coursework will be marked through set practical tasks. Underpinning knowledge is assessed via internally-set test papers and on line exams.
Applicants for this Level 2 programme will normally have:
• a strong interest in the chosen area of study
• a commitment to working towards improving English and maths
• the ability to discuss past experiences of education and future ambitions in an interview
• achieved the Level 1 Diploma in Carpentry and Joinery
Applicants will be invited to attend an interview and complete an initial assessment. All students will have their literacy and numeracy needs supported within the programme.
This course prepares you for employment as a work-based learner (apprentice) in the construction industry or further full-time study in carpentry/construction.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Banbury and Bicester College directly.