Sport First Award BTEC Level 2 at The Whitehaven Academy
The work is organised into the core units of Fitness for Sport and Exercise, and Practical Sports Performance, with the following optional specialist units:
- The Mind and Sports Performance
- The Sports Performer in Action
- Training for Personal Fitness
- Leading Sports Activities
The course involves lots of activity and training to improve fitness. Some lessons will be practical and others will be in the classroom.
This qualification is designed to
- encourage personal development through practical participation and performance in a range of sports and exercise activities • give you a wider understanding and appreciation of health-related fitness, sports and exercise through a selection of optional specialist units
- encourage you to develop your people, communication, planning and team working skills.
This course will suit any sport, health or exercise related student. You must be willing to participate in a full range of sporting activities in order to be successful on this course. Much of the content will be taught through practical exercise and sporting activities. This course might particularly suit you if you have experienced success with coursework but struggle with examinations.
One core unit is externally assessed and the remaining units are internally assessed.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 1/Level 2 First Award in Sport also provides the starting point for a route to employment into many diverse areas of sport, including junior level roles in the sport and active leisure sector, such as recreation assistant or sports leader.
It would also suit anyone wishing to apply locally for apprenticeships, as success at Level 2 Sport demonstrates that you have excellent understanding of technical detail alongside good work planning and organisational skills which are both needed for further study.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Whitehaven Academy directly.