BTEC Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Engineering at St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy
This course will appeal to those students who:
- Have a strong interest in the world of engineering
- Enjoy developing practical engineering skills
- Are prepared to develop skills in Mathematics to support their ambitions in Engineering
- Like to investigate and solve problems
- Like to keep up to date with new technology
- Want to develop their employability skills
This qualification route will enable the successful applicant to progress onto an Advanced level Apprenticeship (Level 3) or a Foundation Degree Programme. The Engineering course at St John’s focuses on employability skills by delivering qualifications that are delivered and accessed in a modern industrial environment.
The course will include the following components:
- BTEC Edexcel Level 3 Diploma in Engineering (2 A level equivalent).
The six core units for Engineering are:
- Health and Safety in the Engineering Workplace
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
There are also a choice of 5 additional optional units:
- Engineering Drawing for Technicians
- Computer Aided Drafting in Engineering
- Fabrication Processes in Engineering
- Applications of Computer Numerical Control in Engineering
- Electrical Installation
Although these will change due to available teachers. Preferably the Electrical Installation could/should change to Further Mathematics for Technicians in response to entry requirements on university courses this year.
You will need at least 6 GCSEs at Grades A*-C including: English Language grade B and Mathematics grade B
Candidates studying BTEC Engineering at level 2 must attain at least a Merit grade in this qualification, plus the English and Maths requirements.
It is important that you have a strong interest in Engineering.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact St John's Catholic School & Sixth Form College - A Catholic Academy directly.