Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Apprenticeship Level 2 at Bath College
This qualification covers all the essential skills you need for installing and maintaining refrigeration or air-conditioning and heat pump systems. Included within the syllabus is the City & Guilds 2079 F-Gas assessment. Electrical knowledge would be an advantage for the course and will be provided in the syllabus during workshop and theoretical sessions.
What qualifications will I gain?
There are two qualifications available at Level 2:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing and maintaining refrigeration systems (6187-02)
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in installing, testing and maintaining air-conditioning and heat pump systems (6187-01)
Candidates will also have to complete:
- Functional Skills at Level 2 in English and Maths
- Functional Skills at Level 1 in IT
All apprentices will also complete:
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Personal learning and thinking skills
The assessment of the NVQ will take place in the work place as well as the College workshop and your assessor will visit you in the workplace on two occasions as well as reviewer to check your progress and set online tasks between visits.
Other elements will be examined in College periodically over the duration of the course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Bath College directly.