Law AS/A2 Level at Hope Academy
- Law is a rewarding and stimulating subject and the course provides an excellent introduction to the study of Law.
- A variety of learning materials are used including text books, e-law sites, journals and newspapers.
- The course covers a wide range of legal topics and issues including what is the difference between murder and manslaughter, the courts and sentencing and asks such questions as, what is the difference between a Solicitor and Barrister, where do judges come from and what is Justice?
- There will be organised visits to the local Magistrate’s Court and Crown Court.
- There will also be the possibility to visit to visit the House of Parliament
Law making and the Legal system
Concepts of Liability
Criminal law (Offences Against the Person)
Criminal law (Offences Against Property) and Concepts of Law
- Over a third of A-Level student’s progress to take a Law degree at University.
- Other popular University courses include Criminology, Social Work, Journalism, Business and Accountancy.
- Other students go straight into employment in the Legal sector, in the Police or the Crown Prosecution Service.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Hope Academy directly.