Art & Design Level 2 Diploma at Harlow College
A broad introduction to the different areas of art and design such as drawing, painting, 3D design, design crafts (textiles and ceramics), printmaking, graphic design and art and design History. It is a practical course for those who like to make things and use their imagination.
- Unit 1- Introduction to materials, processes and technical skills in art & design
- Unit 2 - Introduction to contextual research in art & design
- Unit 3 - Introduction to drawing skills
- Unit 4 - Introduction to communication skills in art & design
- Unit 5 - Solving 2D creative problems
- Unit 6 - Solving 3D creative problems
- Unit 7 - Solving time-based creative problems
- Unit 8 - Developing and producing an art and design project
4 x GCSE grade D. Portfolio of art and design work. Preferably grade C Art, textiles or DT equivalent.
Assessment is unit based through lectures, practical assignments, group discussions, essays and regular educational visits to galleries and museums. You will take part in regular discussions about progress with your learner mentor. The final unit will be graded as a pass, merit or distinction. This grade will be the overall grade awarded for the qualification.
A materials fee of approximately £75 is payable at the beginning of each year to contribute towards some of the consumable materials such as paper, paint, printing ink, clay etc. A list will be provided for any additional materials and equipment required. Costs (approx £75) of visits need to be covered by the students. Budget for £50 for your own art materials Total costs: £200.
As part of your main course of study you will explore career opportunities within the creative industries and appropriate progression routes.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Harlow College directly.