Traineeship (General Pathway) at City of Westminster College
Traineeships are new, exciting, flexible programmes for 16-24 year-olds, designed to support young people in taking their first steps into employment. Traineeships combine work experience and pre-employment training to help young people successfully find a job or Apprenticeship.
A Traineeship is right for you if you are:
Unemployed, have little or no work experience but are motivated and want to find a full-time job or apprenticeship.
You will get:
- Help to get appropriate work experience with a vetted employer in the sector you want to work in
- Support with work preparation including interview skills, CV writing and job applications
- Preparation to be an apprentice and be work ready
- Support with English and Maths training - if you don't have a GCSE grade C or above in these already
- Support in exploring job roles/career pathways across a range of sectors including retail, hospitality, IT, hairdressing, health and social care, childcare and business
- A guaranteed interview with an employer if a job role becomes available, or a reference and exit interview to give you guidance - this will help you with your future job applications and interviews
- Support and mentoring during the programme and as part of the after care service
- We will do all that we can to support you to find a job or apprenticeship training. Alternatively you may wish to progress onto a full-time College course either here at City of Westminster College or elsewhere to further develop your knowledge and skills.
If you require functional skills development we will support you to achieve the appropriate level.
You will be an individual that has little or no work experience but are motivated and want to find a full-time job or apprenticeship and are able to commit to the entire 8 week full time programme. We will undertake an initial assessment and interview to make sure that this is programme is suitable for you.
You will be assessed through online exams for and any functional skills you need to take. The remainder will be assessed through a portfolio of work based evidence.
- Employment with training
- Further training
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City of Westminster College directly.