Accessibility links

IBDP Design & Technology at Broadgreen International School

Course description

In the first year you will be studying the theoretical components of the curriculum through a series of practical and design-based tasks in the Technology workshops. This will also prepare you for the major project that is undertaken towards the end of year 1 and the first half of year 2. This major project accounts for 40% of the final marks, with the other 60% coming from the three exam papers that you sit at the end of the second year. You will be required to produce a prototype of your design idea which will then be evaluated for the purposes of your project.

Entry requirements

Grades A*-C in at least 6 GCSE subjects. Of these, English and Maths must be at Grade C or above. As well as an academic requirement, we expect you to demonstrate an interest in world events and a commitment to making a difference in your community. World citizenship is at the heart of the IB philosophy and we will be discussing your interests, experiences and aspirations at your interview.

Preferably a grade C or above in GCSE Resistant Materials or Graphic Products.

There is a considerable amount of independent study in this subject, so good study skills are essential. IT skills also need to be well developed, and you need to be enthusiastic about products and how they are made.

How to apply

If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Broadgreen International School directly.

Last updated date: 02 September 2016

Key information