BTEC Health & Social Care Level 3 Extended Diploma at Netherthorpe School
This course is student centred, you will have the opportunity to work in groups and take part in discussions. You will be producing portfolio work.
Work experience will be a major part of the course; it will help you draw on your observations of the sector to design your coursework and build links with the Health and Social Care sectors.
You will have access to IT facilities at all points to enable the portfolio work to be completed.
- Developing effective communication in Health and Social Care.
- Equality, diversity and rights in Health and Social Care.
- Health, safety and security in Health and Social Care.
- Development through the lifestages.
- Anatomy and physiology for Health and Social Care.
- Personal and professional development in Health and Social Care.
- Public Health.
- Physiology of fluid balance.
- Physiological disorders.
- Communicable diseases.
- Mobility and exercise.
- Complementary therapies.
- Working in Health and Social Care.
The most important attributes are an interest in and enthusiasm for Health and Social Care.
You will need four GCSEs at grade C or above. BTEC level 2 at Merit will be accepted.
The course is made up of nine compulsory and two optional units. All units are internally assessed (coursework) Learners will have the opportunity to engage in work experience one day a week to enhance learning in lessons.
This course has been designed to lead into higher education courses and also into direct employment as the work covered directly links to the National Occupational Standards for Health and Social Care.
Courses such as Nursing, Midwifery, Social Work and Health and Social Care Degrees will be open to students who complete this course.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Netherthorpe School directly.