Dance BTEC Level 3 at Stockton Sixth Form College
Why study Dance?
- I want to develop my technical ability
- I would like to choreograph and experiment performing for a variety of events
- I am interested in different genres and styles of dance
- I prefer a practical approach to studying.
The aim of the course is to provide you with industry standard teaching which will prepare you for the working world.
It will consist of mostly practical sessions, with most theory being embedded. This will enable you to learn through watching, practising and reviewing your development
You will focus upon the practical skills of the dancer such as:
- Developing and applying dance technique
- Performing to audiences
- Developing your choreographic ability
- Marketing your performance
- Theoretical appreciation of dance choreographers past and present
- Dance for camera.
Stockton Sixth Form College prides itself on having options for students of different abilities, and would advise any prospective student interested in applying, whatever their predicted grades, to get in touch so that a suitable programme of study can be discussed.
The college has a flexible timetable whereby almost all combinations of subjects are possible. Students will be advised of any non-compatible subject choices, if appropriate, at enrolment.
By continuous assessment. There are no exams.
- Professional studies in Dance or Performing Arts at a vocational institution
- Further studies in Dance, Choreography, Performance or Sports courses
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Stockton Sixth Form College directly.