Btec Hair at Cockburn John Charles Academy
The course is a 1 year programme delivered over 10 hours per week (usually 2 days).The programme will be delivered by theory sessions, practical workshops and commercial based salons. Independent study is an essential part and requirement of the course. As part of the course you will be expected to be working within the industry or to take part in the industrial placement programme
With this hands on programme you will learn the following aspects of hairdressing:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
- Creatively dress long hair
- Develop and enhance your creative hairdressing skills
A tutorial programme is mandatory and supports the student throughout their studies with guidance and individual learning plans put into action.
The programme is based on continual assessment and you will be assessed through observation of practical skills, oral questioning, assignment work and written questions. A portfolio will be produced throughout your course of evidence towards your competency. You will also be required to actively take part in a Level 3 Hair Show, which will showcase your talent and work during the program.
You will be required to purchase a salon uniform, which is mandatory
On successful completion of this course you can specialise in any aspect of hairdressing including photographic work, cruise ships, television. You could progress on to a Foundation Degree in Salon Management at various universities.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.