Engineering BTEC Level 3 Diploma at Grantham College
This course aims to give you a broad grounding in Mechanical, Maintenance & Design. The Level 3 Diploma is equivalent to 2 A-Levels.
A mixture of core and optional units
- Health & Safety
- Communications for Engineering Technicians
- Engineering Project
- Mechanical Principles and Applications
- Mathematics for Engineering Technicians
- Properties and Applications of Engineering Materials
- Selecting and Using Programmable Controllers
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Computer Aided Drafting for Technician
- Engineering Primary Forming
- Engineering Maintenance Procedures and Techniques
You could also study for an AS/A-Level in Maths. You may be required to continue to study maths, English or IT as part of your course.
5 GCSEs (Grade C or above) including Maths and Science, BTEC Level 2 Diploma (including Merit in Maths, Science and one other unit) or other relevant qualification. A one year sub Diploma may be a suitable option for some learners who have the minimum entry requirements.
Coursework & Tests.
Full Time Further Education courses are free for those who are under 19 on 31 August of the year they start their course. Exam resit fees may apply if and when applicable.
This qualification allows you to progress on to an Apprenticeship or higher - level qualifications such as HND/Cs or degree level programmes. It can also act as ideal preparation for a career in the computing, electronics, food, manufacturing, petro - chemical and textiles industries.
This course will be delivered in the first year as a one year Subsidiary Diploma and if relevant grades are met learners will continue onto the Level 3 Diploma in their second year.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grantham College directly.