Business A Level at Appleby Grammar School
The OCR A-level in Business will encourage learners to be inspired, motivated and challenged by following a broad, coherent, practical, satisfying and worthwhile course of study. It provides insight into, and experience of, how businesses work, stimulating learners’ curiosity and encouraging them to engage with commerce in their everyday lives. The course enables learners to make informed choices about further study and career choices.
Students follow a scheme of learning which covers the following areas:
- Business objectives and strategic decisions
- External influences facing businesses
- Marketing and marketing strategies
- Operational strategy
- Human resources
- Accounting and financial considerations
- The global environment of business
GCSE Maths Grade 6, GCSE English Grade 6/5. Work Experience would be advantageous.
The A-level qualification is achieved through the sitting of 3 external examinations at the end of Year 13, each contribution worth 33.33% of the final mark
Three examinations are taken at the end of Year 13, each contributing 33.33% of the final marks.
- Operating in a local business environment (01*) 2 hour written paper.
- The UK business environment (02*) 2 hour written paper.
- The global business environment (03*) 2 hour written paper.
Students may wish to consider further academic study at university related to business. Many universities and employer/training providers recognise the value of a business qualification.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Appleby Grammar School directly.