Health and Social Care - BTEC Level 2 Diploma at Grange Technology College
Would you like to work with people?
Maybe this is for you!
We work closely with you to achieve your highest results!
This two year course is equivalent to 4 GCSEs and is 100% coursework assessed.
For further information contact Mrs D Beck, Subject Leader
You will be given tasks to complete so that you produce evidence for 8 units. These will include posters, PowerPoint presentations and creative activities as well as written work.You will cover:
- How people communicate.
- What your rights are.
- What people need to be healthy and happy. How to improve health.
- How people develop and change through their lives.
- How to use creative activities with different ages. ( you will actually work with children and the elderly)
- How care services are organised. Different jobs in care.
- How diet affects health.
- How to keep safe in care settings.
- Have an interest in people and an ability to cooperate with different types of people.
- You need to be honest and trustworthy because you will be doing some work in a care setting.
- Work in an organised way so that you finish work to deadlines
This course is assessed by 100% coursework which you complete over 2 years
Past students have gone on to work in Early Years on training placements. Those who have achieved a Merit or Distinction have continued their education on Level 3 courses.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Grange Technology College directly.