Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair NVQ Level 2 at City Training Services
Motor vehicle Apprenticeships give you the opportunity to learn and train in your chosen career as well as earning a regular pay packet. You will be given first-hand experience and learn the majority of the skills needed on the job, whilst also completing off-the-job training within college by day release. You will be able to gain practical experience within the region’s largest purpose-built automotive centre to work towards an Apprenticeship or Advanced Apprenticeship in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair through City & Guilds
Competency Level 2
This involves 7 mandatory units and 1 optional unit, the Learner will be observed and assessed by one of our fully qualified and experienced assessor in your workplace. The Learner will receive full support whilst training and will have a dedicated training co-ordinator who will maintain regular contact and conduct a progress review every 10 weeks.
Knowledge Based Evidence Level 2
There are 7 mandatory units and 1 optional unit to complete and learning will take place in our dedicated training centre. This part of the qualification is the underpinning knowledge the Learner will need to carry out the job effectively, but you will also have fun learning.
- Routine Maintenance
- Engine Units & Components
- Auxiliary Electrical Units & Components
- Commercial Vehicle Chassis Units & Components
- Pre & Post Work Vehicle Inspections
- Five examinations are taken plus on site assessments
An interest in the technical aspects of motor vehicles is key, along with enjoying practical work and identifying and fixing problems.
Entry 3 on the Literacy and Numeracy initial assessment
- Initial assessment
- Online, on-demand testing using multiple choice questions (e-assessment)
- Assignments (practical and written)
- Short-answer test questions
- Assessments via observation and the development of a portfolio in a work based environment and will be assessed to the assessment criteria set out by awarding body
Progression to the level 3 Diploma in Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance & Repair
For further information or to apply online please visit:
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact City Training Services directly.