Study Programmes (Headstart 16-18) Painting and Decorating at Nova Training - Walsall
Headstart programmes are generally made up from three core elements that include;
- Vocational skills and qualifications
- Work Experience Placements
- Functional Skills (Maths, English and ICT
Headstart is a great free training programme to help you get the right skills, qualifications and experience to get you where you want to be.
As part of the course you will learn the basic elements of painting and decorating. This will include surface preparation, application of water based paints and oil/solvent based paints.You will be also be trained in the correct application of lining paper and decorative wall paper.
In addition to the above Nova's Headstart programme can also help you with the following;
- Training to prepare you for college or to get an apprenticeship or a job
- Help with employability skills such as, CV writing and interview skills
- Confidence building and team work skills
- Work experience placements
Headstart is for anyone who has left school and is aged 16-18 or those aged 19-24 who have learning difficulties and/or disabilities. The programme is predominantly at level 1 but can include level 2 skills and qualifications.
Nova offers a full range of progression routes for the above and in most circumstances are able to offer Level 2 & 3 Apprenticeships.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Nova Training - Walsall directly.