Bricklaying Level 3 Apprenticeship at West Lancashire College
This course is for school leavers and adults who are working within the construction industry as a bricklayer.
Successful students tend to:
- have practical skills and good hand skills
- be able to follow technical drawings, building plans, and other instructions
- be fit and strong enough to carry tools and materials
- have good communication skills
- be able to work quickly and neatly
- enjoy working with others
All students will study the following:
You will study a Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying, NVQ Level 3 Diploma in Trowel Occupations Site, Employers Rights and Responsibilities and Functional skills English and Maths at level 1 or 2
All students must purchase the relevant kit prior to starting the course. Costs will be discussed at the enrolment and during the college induction.
Hi – vis vest will be supplied by the college
Hi – vis vest and ID badges must be worn at all times
Level 3 NVQ in Trowel Occupations
- Confirming the Occupational Method of Work in the Workplace
- Confirming Work Activities and Resources for an Occupational Work Area in the Workplace
- Conforming to General Health, Safety and Welfare in the Workplace
- Developing and Maintaining Good Occupational Working Relationships in the Workplace
- Erecting Complex Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Producing External Solid Render Finishes in the Workplace
- Setting Out Complex Masonry Structures in the Workplace Setting Out Masonry Structures in the Workplace
- Erecting Masonry Cladding in the workplace
- Erecting thin joint masonry structures in the workplace
- Installing Drainage in the Workplace
- Maintaining Slate and Tile Roofing in the Workplace
- Placing and Finishing Non-Specialist Concrete in the Workplace
- Repairing and Maintaining Masonry Structures in the Workplace
Level 3 Diploma in Bricklaying
All Mandatory Units
- Analysing technical information, quantities and communication with others
- Analysing the construction industry and built environment
- Construct chimneys and fireplace structures
- Construct complex masonry structures
- Construct decorative features
- Health, safety and welfare in construction and associated industries
- Repair and maintain masonry structures
• Level 1 or 2 Mathematics
• Level 1 or 2 Communication
Candidates must be working for a minimum of 16 hours per week in the industry, have the support of the employer and be capable of achieving Functional Skills at the required level.
West Lancashire College will also accept credits previously gained through the Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF).
All successful candidates will be interviewed/assessed and selected for the course.
• Assessment is via multiple choice examination and practical tests
• Awarding body phase test
• Portfolio of knowledge
• On site assessment
• Work based recorder
To continue gaining skills and industry specific qualifications.
This course may allow learners to progress on to Higher Educatiom
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact West Lancashire College directly.