Professional Cookery Intermediate Apprenticeship Certificate - Work Based at Eastleigh College
The aim of this framework is to attract new people into Catering and Professional Chef Roles from a wide range of backgrounds to replace those who leave or retire and to provide employers with the cooking, chef and craft cuisine skills they need to help increase productivity and profitability.
It involves completion of the
- L2 Professional Cookery
- L2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles (professional cookery pathway)
- functional skills English and maths L1.
The mandatory units include:
- Maintain a safe, hygienic and secure working environment.
- Maintain food safety when storing, preparing and cooking food.
- Work effectively as part of a hospitality team.
- Maintain, handle and clean knives.
- There are no specific entry requirements for this framework to ensure that it is open to all who wish to pursue a career within the Hospitality Industry.
- Employers are looking for those who are keen to work as part of a team, have a 'can do attitude' and have high standards of personal hygiene.
- Applicants will need basic communication skills on which this apprenticeship will build, be excellent timekeepers and be willing to work shifts, which will often be outside the 9.00 - 5.00 pattern.
Once you have enrolled onto the programme you will be assigned an assessor that will visit you in the workplace regularly.
- complete assessment plans and reviews with you to keep you on target
- support you in the collection of the required evidence needed for your qualification through different assessment methods such as: professional discussion, observations, written questions, verbal questions, witness statements and any assignments.
On completion of the Apprenticeship, the apprentice will be competent to work as: Craft Chef - fine or casual dining, progressing to Chef De Partie, Sous Chef or Team Supervisor. Eventual progression could be to Head Chef, Food and general management.
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Eastleigh College directly.