French AS at Ysgol Y Strade
Through the following themes you will study grammar and develop your translation, reading, speaking and writing skills in the target language.
FN1: Oral Exam in 2 parts
- General ConversatioN
- Conversation with the examiner on two of the topics studied
FN2: Exam with listening, reading, translation and writing questions.
Although each student will be considered on an individual basis for entry onto the course it would be beneficial to have a C grade in French at GCSE.
FN1: Oral exam with external examiner, 12 -15 minutes
FN2: External Exam 2h 30m
- A chance to become competent in a language spoken throughout Europe and the world.
- The ability to speak French opens doors to many careers such as business and marketing, the law, medicine, the media, politics and many more.
- As an an academic subject the study of French will allow you to develop many transferable skills.
- An opportunity to study the culture and traditions of France.
Examining Board: WJEC
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact Ysgol Y Strade directly.