Physics A Level OUN at Invictus Sixth Form
You will develop high level, employable and transferable skills in A Level Physics including: applied mathematical skills, problem solving, communication, analytical skills, organisation, experimental skills and scientific methodology.
We also offer teaching which was rated as good or better by Ofsted, dedicated and experienced teachers who stop at nothing to ensure that you make progress, positive relationships between staff and students and examination results which show that we are good at ‘adding value’ to students.
Content is split into six teaching modules:
Module 1 – Development of practical skills in physics
Module 2 – Foundations of physics
Module 3 – Forces and motion
Module 4 – Electrons, waves and photons
Module 5 – Newtonian world and astrophysics
Module 6 – Particles and medical physics
Specific Entry Requirements for this course ( in addition to at least 5 grades 5s inc Eng and Maths):
Grade 6 achieved in Double Science or 6 achieved in Physics
AS Level qualification sat at end of Y12; 100% Exam
A Level Qualification. Successful candidates in AS Level course will be permitted to progress to the A-Level. All content from AS is assessed again at the end of Y13, alongside Y13 units of work.
A practical endorsement is included based on a series of practicals completed throughout the year. (Pass/Fail)
Physics is a facilitating subject that allows access to a very wide range of university courses.
• A prerequisite for: Opthalmology and Aeronautical Engineering.
• The preferred subject for: Electronics and Engineering,
• A good qualification for those wishing to go on to Higher Education courses in Mathematics and Materials Science.
• A relevant subject for students thinking of working in, accountancy, architecture and veterinary science.
• The skills developed and demonstrated in Physics give the widest range of career choices in later life.
How to apply
You can apply for this course through UCAS Progress. Add this course to your favourites so you can start making an application.