Applied Business Level 3 at The Ursuline Academy, Ilford
Students gain a broad understanding of business topics and consider how to plan and deliver a product or a service.
- provides a broad understanding of business knowledge and skills to support progress to higher education and can be studied alongside A-levels and/or other Level 3 vocational qualifications
- prepares learners to work in business and entrepreneurship after achieving the qualification or via university or college
- is strongly entrepreneurial to provide a focus for the structure and content of the qualification
- includes a synoptic character to ensure applied learning is broad, practical and realistic
- is supported by HE business schools and HE business enterprise departments
- uses examination, external assignment and centre set assignment to ensure learners’ practical experience is maximised and assessed appropriately.
The Level 3 Extended Certificate in Applied Business consists of six units.
Units 1 – 3 are completed in year 12 and units 4 – 6 are completed in year 13
Unit Title Assessment Type
Financial planning and analysis External examination
Business dynamics Internal centre assessed
Entrepreneurial opportunities External assignment
Managing and leading people External examination
Developing a business proposal Internal centre assessed
Managing an event Internal centre assessed
- English Language or English Literature at Grade 4 or above
- Mathematics at Grade 4 or above
How to apply
If you want to apply for this course, you will need to contact The Ursuline Academy, Ilford directly.